Why come to Practice Happiness and Dr. Natalie Drake?
Before having vaginal rejuvenation anywhere, ask the facility the following questions:
• What method of vaginal rejuvenation do you offer? Is it a laser or radiofrequency? Does it break the skin? Are there any known complications of burns or scarring of the procedure?
• Will any anesthesia be necessary?
• Will I have to stop having sex for a while after the procedure? Will I have discharge after the procedure?
• Do you treat internally and externally for the same price? Would I need anesthesia for the external treatment?
• Is the physician a Gynecologist with Urogynecology experience?
• Does the physician do the consult? The physical exam? Does he/she have experience treating the condition I am suffering from in other ways besides the vaginal rejuvenation procedure?
• Will the physician be performing the procedure, or will an aesthetician be performing it?
Why we choose ThermiVa®:
At Practice Happiness we use ThermiVa technology for our vaginal rejuvenation. ThermiVa uses radiofrequency to achieve vaginal tightening, improve bladder leakage, increase vaginal moisture and lubrication, and improve sexual function. ThermiVa is a painless, easy to tolerate treatment. There no need for anesthesia, and there is no downtime (no need to abstain from sex, and no unpleasant discharge after the procedure). The procedure is non-invasive (does not break the skin or the mucosa) and safe. There have been no reported burns or blisters nationally through tens of thousands of procedures performed.
ThermiVa is NOT a laser. It does not bore holes in the vaginal mucosa requiring anesthesia, causing pain and discharge, and forcing patients to abstain from sexual activity for three to seven days like many of the other vaginal rejuvenation procedures. ThermiVa is just as effective as the laser forms of therapy, and all ThermiVa treatments include internal/vaginal and external/labia treatment.
Who suffers from vaginal laxity?
Vaginal Laxity or a sagging of the vagina can be caused in a variety of ways, and is particularly common among women who have undergone a vaginal delivery.
Vaginal laxity can also be a result of:
- Being overweight
- Consistent strain or lifting
- Chronic constipation
- Performing activities that would cause the vagina to stretch beyond its natural capacity
Who are candidates for vaginal rejuvenation?
Many women are qualified candidates for our vaginal rejuvenation treatment, ThermiVa.
Most common symptoms for vaginal rejuvenation treatment:
- Women who are experiencing vaginal laxity and loose feeling for any reason
- Women who are displeased with their labia majora, particularly when conscious of their appearance while wearing bathing suits, athletic clothing, leggings, jeans, etc.
- Women who are experiencing sexual dissatisfaction or having trouble reaching orgasm
- Women who are having difficulty retaining tampons
- Women who may have pelvic prolapse, such as a fallen bladder or rectum
- Women who may suffer from urinary leakage
- Women who may suffer from dryness of their vagina or labia (atrophic vaginitis) due to the effects of menopause
Is ThermiVa safe?
ThermiVa is FDA approved and a safe alternative to surgery for vaginal skin laxity. No blisters, burns, infections, organ or nerve damage have been seen or noted in hundreds of uses.
Are anesthetics needed for the ThermiVa procedure?
No. The treatment is conducted without anesthetics and has a comfortable warmth.
How long does the procedure take?
Dr. Drake recommends three treatments, each spaced about a month apart, for her patients. The individual treatment takes approximately ten minutes for labia majora reduction and 15-20 minutes for vaginal tightening.
What’s the downtime after the ThermiVa procedure?
There is no downtime! Women can resume their regular daily and sexual activities the day they receive their treatment.
How long do the results last?
The results of treatment by the ThermiVa last an average of 9-12 months.
To read about how ThermiVa has helped women just like you, see our testimonials.
Dr. Natalie Drake is a board-certified OB/Gyn with Urogynecology training and a special interest in pelvic dysfunction. Many practices offering vaginal rejuvenation designate that the procedures are done by plastic surgeons or other physicians who are not experienced performing pelvic examinations or treating the medical conditions for which women seek vaginal rejuvenation. Dr. Drake gained valuable experienced in treating urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, pelvic pain, and overactive bladder symptoms during her many years as a Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and her understanding of pelvic anatomy and physiology is immense. She has published research articles in major journals and regularly keeps abreast of the literature on these subjects.
Dr. Drake performs all consults and procedures herself. Many of the offices offering vaginal rejuvenation have an aesthetician or someone similarly unfamiliar with pelvic anatomy performing the procedure. Having a board-certified OB/GYN with the level of knowledge of Dr. Drake perform the procedure not only leads to the maximum level of comfort for patients but also leads to the best possible outcomes from the procedure. Dr. Drake educates patients about their problems and discusses patient issues in a candid and knowledgeable way that is impossible with a provider without her qualifications.
Click here to read the wonderful reviews on Dr. Natalie Drake. Then schedule a consultation to meet her yourself by calling 281-402-3268.